At the time of this recording, there are a total of six active museums in South Korea solely in celebration and historical cataloging of their nation’s music and one for world instruments. These museums are
- the Seoul Museum of Korean Folk Music
- the National Gugak Museum
- the Nangye Korean Classical Music Museum
- the Museum of Musical Instruments of the World, and
- the privately-owned K-pop Museum Gyeongju Branch
There are also three indefinitely closed ones, including the Museum of Traditional Korean Music. Aside from the relatively newer privately-owned attraction, two popular entertainment stops in South Korea for music lovers that are indefinitely closed were a sight to behold. Thus, this episode is in honor and anticipation – potentially alleged anticipation – of the return of the K-pop catalog originator, and the premiere label-specific collection. This episode is entitled, “Memories of SMTOWN Museum and PLAY KPOP.”
Listen to this episode as we discuss history and share commentary about these two spaces.